Wednesday 3 March 2010

Neg experiment

Okay so a few months ago I posted some photos I took on film and scanned them in on my new neg scanner. Click here for the the post if you haven't already seen it.
Around the same time I went to the V & A and there was a series of photographs (I cant remember the artist) who had used photos from Mars made them into negatives and left them to gather dust. The out come was quite unusual. Inspired by this I left a negative on my mantle piece in my room last week I scanned it again. This is the outcome.


On the original post I only said it would be left for a couple of weeks but in fact it was a couple of months as it fell between the wardrobe and the mantle piece (the scratches are from me trying to retrieve it). I also wouldn't recommend this with an amazing important neg. this was just from a film i used up to try out the neg scanner.

Here's the original to compare it to.

2 comments: