Sunday 28 February 2010

A bit of infra-red

Part of my course at uni I am studying scientific photography and medical imaging. So this week I have been looking at infra-red photography. I did a bit last year of trees and landscapes etc however this week I have been looking at what it is used for. one of the application is looking at the venous system. Infra-red is used to look at those veins that are close to the skins surface at such areas on your hands, wrists, feet, chest and breast area. The camera I used to take these photos is the Sigma SD10 with the infra-red blocking filter removed, and an infra red filter.


I find infra-red really interesting however its such a pain to focus because it works on different wavelengths than what we humans can see plus the Sigma camera is a difficult to use and overall is a bit of an effort. However the effect it has especially on these vein photos of my hand and foot are quite amazing really.


So I haven't posted any thing in ages. I am such a bad blogger however I have a stack of photos that need to put up. So expect lots more this week. Also my mum brought me a new camera bag for getting a first in one of modules (as well as a Dropkick Murphy ticket) so now I don't have to carry my camera just in my bag it has a new home, so expect a nice little photography trip soon.

Some of the things I'm going to post this week include
  • Playgrounds
  • Concluding part to my little neg experiment
  • Fish eye Christmas
  • Slimbridge wetlands centre
I also might go and shoot something Wednesday. I have also booked a flight to go to America for a couple weeks at the end of June in depression as I cant go to Glastonbury this year so I am hoping to get some amazing shots out there. Any way I shall try to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment